befasi, habi, çudi, papritmëribefasoj, çudit, çudis
Noun(1) the astonishment you feel when something totally unexpected happens to you(2) a sudden unexpected event(3) the act of surprising someone
Verb(1) cause to be surprised(2) come upon or take unawares(3) attack by storm; attack suddenly
(1) 'Here?' she asked in surprise.(2) It is unlikely that anything you say will cause him or her shock or surprise .(3) He doesn't even try to hide the surprise in his voice at this.(4) With mild surprise , he noticed that she was wearing the breeches and shirt of a man.(5) the party was something of a surprise(6) imagine her surprise when she saw the car!(7) he didn't show any surprise(8) For his part, Eisenhower feared a surprise attack and war by miscalculation.(9) Information that is not tracked could later surprise the Army on the battlefield.(10) A surprise was sprung on a retiring vicar at a school assembly last week.(11) To General Hue, it looked like the ideal time to launch his surprise attack.(12) the election results were a surprise(13) that was a surprise result(14) He's even throwing me a surprise birthday party (I found out).(15) With mild surprise , she noticed that the sound came from the foot of the cliffs on which she stood.(16) the announcement came as a complete surprise
(1) surprise party :: feste surprize
(2) to my surprise :: për habinë time
(3) by surprise :: në befasi
(4) to one's surprise :: të dikujt papritur
(5) pleasant surprise :: surprizë e këndshme
(6) surprise attack :: sulm surprizë
(7) take by surprise :: marrë në befasi
(8) great surprise :: surprizë e madhe
(9) express surprise :: Express surprizë
1. astonishment ::
2. shock ::
3. surprisal ::
4. astonish ::
5. take by surprise ::
marrë në befasi
6. storm ::
surprise, surprised, surprises, surprising, surprisings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 18
[knock on door]Hi. I got you a SURPRISE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 18
And brother, here's the big SURPRISE.
The one you're already thinking about.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 5
- Okay, what's the big SURPRISE?
- Just a minute.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 15
Another delightful SURPRISE for her.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 5
English to Albanian Dictionary: surprise
Meaning and definitions of surprise, translation in Albanian
language for surprise with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of surprise in Albanian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'surprise'
What surprise means in Albanian, surprise meaning
in Albanian, surprise
definition, examples and pronunciation
of surprise in Albanian language.