Noun(1) a wooden structure consisting of an upright post with a transverse piece(2) a marking that consists of lines that cross each other(3) a representation of the structure on which Jesus was crucified; used as an emblem of Christianity or in heraldry(4) any affliction that causes great suffering(5) (genetics
Verb(1) travel across or pass over(2) meet at a point(3) hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires(4) fold so as to resemble a cross(5) to cover or extend over an area or time period(6) meet and pass(7) trace a line through or across(8) breed animals or plants using parents of different races and varieties
Adjective(1) extending or lying across; in a crosswise direction; at right angles to the long axis(2) annoyed and irritable
(1) Sincere faith and fortitude in the will of God gave him the strength to carry his cross .(2) Incidentally I wasn't serious when I suggested we and our friends might cross North Dakota off our list of prospective holiday destinations this summer.(3) His duties even called on him to be the first person to try out the cross for the Crucifixion scene.(4) The former Rochdale man delivered a pin-point low cross for top-scorer Foster to turn home from close range.(5) Covered only from waist down by white sheets, they evoked a cross between Greek statues and hospital patients.(6) This feeling coupled with the feeling of guilt that they are in some way or fashion responsible for their charge's condition is indeed a difficult cross to bear.(7) He added he was very cross and would stay mayor until the next council meeting on June 2 even if his brother returned wanting to take over office.(8) did they cross the bridge?(9) It was a deep black and similar to a Christian cross, except that the top half of the cross had been intersected thrice more, each line smaller than the last.(10) The driver couldn't get them open again so he was quite cross .(11) The farm's herd is a cross between the indigenous Wagyu and another quality export from Scotland, the Aberdeen Angus.(12) The cross of Christ, theologically speaking, was not an end in itself.(13) Folks will be even cross er when they can't take a shower because your shortsighted bulldozing of environmental protections has dirtied most of the water and dried up the rest.(14) Lately, he's taken to assailing university officials who dare to cross him on this explosive issue.(15) As opposed to the resurrection, the cross symbolises crucifixion.(16) If you really want to help, volunteer to make dinner or do laundry so Mom can cross a few things off her list.
(1) cross out :: kalojnë nga
(2) criss-cross :: kryq
(3) to cross :: për të kaluar
(4) cross-country :: ndër-vend
(5) cross the road :: kalojnë rrugën
(6) cross the street :: kaloj rrugen
1. angry ::
2. transversal ::
3. ill-tempered ::
4. crucifix ::
5. burden ::
6. hybrid ::
7. crown of thorns ::
kurorë me ferra
8. crisscross ::
10. crossbreed ::
11. travel across ::
12. span ::
13. intersect ::
14. oppose ::
15. hybridize ::
16. baffle ::
17. traverse ::
autocross, cross, crossed, crosser, crosses, crossest, crossly, crossness, crosswise, uncross, uncrosses
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
If we CROSS the county line,
it's technically kidnapping.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 20
We have to CROSS here.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 1
I'm going to CROSS my legs
and snap 'em off.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 11
Well, that's a solid line,
he can't CROSS it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 1
Don't CROSS your arms,
if you can help it.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 12
English to Albanian Dictionary: cross
Meaning and definitions of cross, translation in Albanian
language for cross with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of cross in Albanian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'cross'
What cross means in Albanian, cross meaning
in Albanian, cross
definition, examples and pronunciation
of cross in Albanian language.